- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons 100% white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water. Set aside for a few minutes so the flax will absorb the water. This will act as the egg since eggs are off limits.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork.
- Add in the flour. Add in the flax mixture and stir to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet. An ice cream scoop works great for this! Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look brown. Carefully turn pancakes over. Cook 2 more minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Since butter and maple syrup are not allowed on the fast, fresh berries make a great topping!
Makes six pancakes.
Adapted from myrecipes.com