- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- taco seasonings (see below)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans (read ingredients for only beans and spices)
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add onions and bell pepper, cook 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and taco seasoning, and stir until all the quinoa and vegetables are coated in the spices.
- Add the broth. Add the refried beans. Stir until smooth, and the refried beans are completely incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Serve with avocado and fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Equivalent to one taco seasoning packet. Use this in any recipe that calls for taco seasoning!