C’mon, this will make you happy in the morning! My daughter loves decorating my oatmeal with fruit – a raspberry and blueberry hair bow with a blueberry smile.
Use any kind of oats that work for your time and your taste buds; just make sure the label says 100% whole grain oats. Don’t buy the pre-packaged stuff with lots of added sugar and chemicals! Follow the instructions on the box for stovetop, microwave, etc.
Next, try adding things like…
- ground flaxseed and chia seeds
- fresh or dried fruit – pitted dates are the BEST for adding sweetness
- nuts and seeds – sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds are great
- spices – cinnamon, nutmeg
- almond butter – if it is too thick to stir into the oatmeal, thin it with a few drops of water