- 16 ounces whole grain fusilli pasta (whole wheat, brown rice, or quinoa pasta)
- 5 cups bagged baby kale*
- 1 jar julienned sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more, if you like it spicier)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Boil pasta according to package directions. With 5 minutes of pasta cooking time remaining, add the kale to the boiling water and pasta. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain.
- While the pasta and kale cook, heat the sun dried tomatoes and oil in a large skillet over medium heat about 4 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and garlic. Cook 1 more minute, stirring frequently. Add reserved pasta water and stir. Add pasta, kale, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
*If you can’t find baby kale, it is fine to use regular kale. You’ll just need to remove the tough center rib before placing leaves in the pasta water.
Adapted from myrecipes.com