- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained (can substitute brown rice)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth (check ingredients on the label for Daniel Fast)
- 4 bell peppers (any color), halved, and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup salsa (check ingredients on the label for Daniel Fast)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, over low heat for about 20 minutes. You’ll know the quinoa is done cooking when it looks like it has popped open.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Add salsa, spices, black beans, and corn. Mix gently, and adjust the seasonings as you like.
- Stuff halved peppers with quinoa mixture and place in a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, increase heat to 400 degrees, and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite Daniel Fast toppings, such as fresh cilantro, lime juice, salsa, avocado, or red onion.
Extra filling makes a great lunch the next day!
Adapted from Minimalist Baker