While I really like lentil taco meat, my family prefers quinoa. Baking the mixture gives it a slight crisp, like ground beef. Load this in a tortilla shell with your favorite taco greens, veggies, and beans. If you don’t have Daniel Fast tortilla shells (see notes in the lentil taco meat recipe), simply toss everything in a bowl!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (read ingredients for only veggies and spices)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse quinoa in cold water.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, and toast for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add 1 3/4 cup water, and bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through the baking.
Adapted from minimalistbaker.com