- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup water*
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green peppers, red onion, and celery. Cook until softened, abut 5 minutes.
- Add water and Creole Seasoning. Stir. Mix in kidney beans, tomatoes, and rice.
- Lower heat and cook another 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with some chopped fresh parsley or cilantro and serve.
*Only include the water if the rice is a day or two old. If making fresh rice, there is no need to add the extra water.
Adapted from ultimatedanielfast.com