- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Place chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and beets in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, turmeric, and salt.
- Line them on the sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Place kale in the same large bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil and coat with spices leftover in the bowl.
- Remove pan from oven, line kale, and roast another 5 minutes.
- Serve as is, or over your favorite whole grain.
If you don’t care for beets, substitute another vegetable. You may want to try them, though. Your taste buds may have changed from when you were a kid! If you don’t care for kale, substitute another green. If you don’t care for the spices, just use salt and pepper. Make it your own!