- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth (read the label for only vegetables and spices)
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in cold water. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Comine vinegar and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Combine spinach, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, and mint in a large bowl. Add cooled quinoa. Toss gently
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss gently.
Makes 4 dinner servings or 8 side servings.
Adapted from beachbodyondemand.com