- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added black beans
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- Follow package instructions to cook the brown rice.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and the juice of 1/2 of the lime. Toss to coat all the potatoes. Transfer to a skillet and saute over medium heat 10-15 minutes, until tender. (Or, bake in a 375 degree oven on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes.)
- Thaw corn in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir together corn, red onion, cilantro, and the juice of the other 1/2 of the lime.
- Pour black beans into a saucepan. Heat over medium heat 5-10 minutes.
- Layer a bowl with rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, and corn salsa.
This bowl is also delicious with tomatoes and avocado! Not a fan of brown rice (or don’t have the 45 minutes to cook it)? Substitute any other whole grain you like!
Adapted from realhousemoms.com