My entire family refuses to eat cauliflower. Guess what? They ate this cauliflower! They didn’t even realize that’s what it was. If you haven’t tried riced cauliflower, you should. BUT, if you’re super opposed to it, just use brown rice instead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower, thawed OR 1 head fresh cauliflower, grated
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Romaine leaves
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion, and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, carrots, and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, peanut butter, ginger, and sesame oil to make the sauce.
- Add cauliflower to vegetables and mix well. Pour in 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce. Cook for a few more minutes until the sauce just begins to bubble, adding in additional sauce if necessary. You want all the vegetables coated but not soupy.
- Pile a large spoonful of the vegetables into a couple of Romaine leaves. Top with peanuts, green onion, and cilantro. Roll the leaves up like a tortilla shell and enjoy!
Adapted from superhealthykids.com