This is delicious warm for dinner and cold for lunch the next day!
- 16 ounces whole grain fusilli or penne pasta (can use whole wheat, brown rice, or quinoa pasta)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- couple handfuls of fresh spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add frozen corn, zucchini, and spices (thru pepper), and cook for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add black beans and tomatoes, and cook for another minute or two until the beans and tomatoes are hot.
- Drain the pasta, and add it to the vegetable mixture. Add the fresh spinach. Toss everything together, and cook until the spinach has wilted.
Adapted from forksoverknives.com